We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
This time of year, we always send a care package or two to U.S. Troops overseas.
If you want to send a holiday care package to the Troops, but don’t know where to send it, the following information should help.
First, here are a couple of tips that might be helpful as well:
- Before You Send Care Packages To U.S. Soldiers
- Ideas For A FuN Holiday Care Package
- Tips For Sending Food & Other Items To U.S. Military
- Other Great Ideas For Soldiers’ Care Packages
- Fun Things To Include In Military Gift Baskets
Here’s how to find a military address for U.S. Troops…
How To Find A Soldier’s Address
People have been leaving the mailing addresses of their loved ones who are serving overseas at TheFunTimesGuide.com. Check the “comments” for the newest additions.
Aside from that, one of the best ways to find addresses for U.S. Troops is to choose a branch of the military and then select an individual from there:
With each of the above sites, you can read actual bios and journal entries from the Troops themselves, and then pick the one that speaks most to you. Many also post photos of themselves and their experiences while serving in the U.S. Military!
- Operation Troop Aid is an organization that accepts donations for pre-packaged items to be sent to U.S. Troops in your name. This is a great option when you can’t decide on one particular soldier or don’t have a preference.
- The USO also provides a number of ways that you can donate a gift to U.S. Troops.
- Adopt A US Soldier puts you in touch with a U.S. soldier via email. After you register, your soldier’s information and any comments that he or she may have provided will become available to you.
- Soldiers’ Angels is a great network of reputable organizations that provides gifts and services to all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. They are a great resource connecting people with soldiers to “adopt”.
I also like the USO’s Operation Care Package. It’s a great way to quickly (and easily) send a tax-deductible donation — as little as $25 — online. It goes directly to the Troops.
The USO is committed to sharing a touch of home with our troops wherever they serve — from free phone cards to care packages full of much needed items, entertainment tours to just a simple hug. Please make a tax-deductible donation today to help support our troops, lift their spirits, and honor their service. Source
And finally, here’s a helpful military mail FAQ from the U.S. Postal Service.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).