At TheFunTimesGuide.com, we appreciate your readership, and we place a high value on your personal privacy.
Following is a summary of the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit TheFunTimesGuide.com, and how we safeguard your information.
- We will never sell your personal information third parties.
- The email address you provide through our newsletter subscription form via AWeber enables us to send you a digest of articles from TheFunTimesGuide.com. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter. You personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) You can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that appears at the very bottom of every email newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address you use when commenting on our articles via the Disqus feedback system may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on TheFunTimesGuide.com’s website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided within comments themselves are not used for any other reason.
- Any information you disclose voluntarily within the message of a comment posted at TheFunTimesGuide.com becomes public information. TheFunTimesGuide.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. Anything you share is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
- If you choose to comment on TheFunTimesGuide.com articles through Twitter and/or Facebook, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- To maintain a site that is free of charge, we display advertisements on TheFunTimesGuide.com.
- In addition to Google, the third-party vendors and ad networks serving ads at TheFunTimesGuide.com include the following: Amazon, Commission Junction, Ezoic, Rakuten. You may opt out of cookies at each of their respective sites or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out website at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and collect information when users visit our site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our site, other websites and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party program like Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram and you choose to link any of them to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.)
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your browser until deleted) to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
We collect the information stated above through email sign-up forms, comments received, Google Analytics, and tracking pixels (aka web beacons) for Facebook and Pinterest.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. At your discretion, you may choose to add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website. You may also choose to link to your own social media account(s). Users may see your username, avatar, profile description, and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
This Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
TheFunTimesGuide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels (aka web beacons). The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies may take place from time to time. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. These sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels, which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us here to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request here.
Amend – You may contact us here to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request here.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately here and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: March 10, 2021.