We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
With all this hype surrounding the new movie The Dukes of Hazzard, I thought of a few interesting twists… as they relate to us, and the town we live in.
First, listen to the actual horn from the General Lee car!
But are there ways in which the movie/TV show has affected you, personally?
There are a few that come to mind for us…
Jim Working For The Dukes of Hazzard?
Did you know there was actually a nationwide contest to find “a vice-president of Dukes of Hazzard Institute”?
Bet you didn’t know that Jim actually considered entering that contest!
For real. Not for the money. And not that he’s big into the Dukes of Hazzardor anything (which of course would’ve disqualified him right off the bat!), but just because of the sheer creativity of the position!
You see, we’ve learned from experience that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it… the #1 requirement is passion. Pure & simple… if you’re passionate about it, you can pull it off — with flying colors.
Such is why he actually considered it… for a millisecond.
Of the 2,000 who applied, Chris Nelson was the well-deserved lucky winner. Hired June 2nd to fulfill a one-year contract as CMT’s vice president for the Dukes of Hazzard Institute, Chris’ responsibilities include:
- Watch ALL reruns of “The Dukes of Hazzard” weeknights on the Country Music Television cable channel
- Write a blog about the Dukes of Hazzard for CMT’s Web site
- Be an idea person to help come up with creative Dukes marketing ideas
- Represent the Dukes of Hazzard at DukesFest activities in Bristol, Tennessee.
…all for $100,000 for one year.
Cooter’s Place: Dukes of Hazzard Museum in Nashville, Tennessee
Despite what some might think, we’re not all stuck in a time warp in Nashville, livin a Southern-fried life like country bumpkins Bo & Luke Duke in “The Dukes of Hazzard”. But we do happen to have a little Dukes of Hazzard fan & souvenir shop called Cooter’s Place near Opry Mills.
It’s the 2nd such shop; the first Cooter’s was built in Gatlinburg. The one in Nashville just opened… perfectly timed with the new Dukes of Hazzard movie!
..If you’re a Dukes of Hazzard fan, this looks like a really cool place to visit!
FREE Interactive Dukes of Hazzard Fun Stuff
And now for the FUN stuff about the Dukes of Hazzard. Everything from online videos, sound clips, and full-length songs… to character trivia, classic DVD movies, and online interactive games.
- Dukes of Hazzard DVDs
- Good ‘ol Boys ringtone from the Dukes of Hazzard
- Jessica Simpson’s These Boots Were Made For Walking full-length video
- Dukes of Hazzard DAISY license plate
- About the original Dukes of Hazzard characters
- Make your OWN ringtone for your cellphone!
- Online Dukes of Hazzard racing game
- Online videos where the characters share behind-the-scenes info
- Downloads: posters, buddy icons, wallpapers, screensavers
- Waylon Jennings singing the Dukes of Hazzard theme song
- Dukes of Hazzard toys, games & collectibles
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).