I came across some VERY interesting ways that people are getting out of bad dates these days. Plus, some ingenious means for preventing a date with someone you’ve just met.
It’s amazing how high-tech the dating scene has become…
Date Rejection Hotlines
- A mobile phone company in Australia has made it a cinch to escape a bad date. All you have to do is dial three numbers and then hang up without even saying a word. From there, Virgin Mobile will call you back one minute later with a way to get you out of there. They even talk you through what to say!
- If you live in New York City and you need a way to prevent a date from happening, when you give the person your number, give them the number to the official New York Rejection Line: (212)479-7990 instead of YOUR number! …They’ll get the message!Check out the recordings you can choose from to send would-be suitors away. They are hilarious.
- Also in New York City, Cingular Wireless and Virgin Mobile both offer unique date-ender services. Cingular charges $5 per month for a package which includes this “Rescue-Call Service”. Virgin Mobile offers its “Rescue Ring” at 25 cents per use, plus the price of the call. Each of these services provides you with an on-the-spot excuse to bolt.
- Rejection lines like the one in NYC are so popular, they’re starting to show up in other major cities now. See if yours is listed here.
- Now, what do you do if someone asks for your e-mail address, and you’d rather not give it to them? Simply let papkernapkin handle the rejection for you.Simply give them the following e-mail address: [email protected] Then, when they decide to send an e-mail to that address, they will receive a rejection message via e-mail instead. You can try this one out yourself for free! Pick any name and send an e-mail to [email protected] to see what it feels like to get rejected via e-mail.
On The Other Hand…
If you’re trying to FIND romance, rather than avoid it, here’s a little about the recent surge in the online dating industry that you might find interesting.
Still others are taking a more indirect route by letting their pet be the one to lead them toward their soulmate. At datemypet.com, first you search for a “date” for your pet, then you accompany your pet on their “date”. The idea is that if your Lab likes their Poodle, then you, too, might be compatible.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).